Skip to main content

Councillor Rupert Read's First Campaign Video On YouTube As His On-Line Presence Grows


I've made my first campaign video for my bid to become an MEP for the Eastern Region in the 4 June 2009 Euro-elections:
 
 
In this video, I argue that it's not enough for us to adopt low carbon lifestyles individually, but that we must do it collectively.  
 
The higlight is perhaps my being seen inside a wind turbine building at the Eco-Tech centre in Swaffham, Norfolk, the only wind turbine mast in the world where the general public can walk up it.  With propellers whizzing in the background, I make the case for an environmentally-sound economy.  I define the dual role green energy could play, for the environment, and for the good green jobs this will bring to the region at this time of economic downturn.  I conclude by pledging that a vote for me is a vote for green jobs now, in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable local agriculture and public transport.
 
This video comes only days after my YouTube video of my posting my shoes to George Bush and Gordon Brown in protest of their illegal invasion of Iraq.  
 
Both videos are part of a growing number of on-line methods I'm adopting to reach new supporters in my European election campaign (e.g. I now also regularly posting monthly audio podcasts on this blog.). . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Growth: A new vision for a fairer and more sustainable Britain

More on why 20's plenty -- without need for any further 'trials'...

There are a number of reasons for setting a default speed of 20mph throughout the 'unclassified' road network in residential parts of a city such as Norwich. Most important perhaps is that of driver recognition as to what the speed limit is. If you have 20 mph as the default then you not only establish this limit clearly, but you also adjust the driver's recognition as to what is the "normal" speed in such residential areas. The most important aspect is that drivers set 20 mph as the norm with those 30 mph areas or roads being seen as 50% faster, rather than seeing 30 mph as the norm with 20 mph as 33% slower. The psychological adjustment of normal speeds in residential areas is key to the success of reducing speeds and therefore danger to pedestrians and cyclists. Therefore any trial, pilot or whatever, that only implements 20 mph in a tiny proportion of the city is not modelling 20's Plenty in any realistic manner.   When considering the val...