I've just discovered this excellent post from the redoubtable Jim Killock, on why the Green Party needs to allow full democratic debate in its internal elections:
This blog is ancient - ten years since we archived it. For all my content nowadays, please goto www.rupertread.net Or to www.climatemajorityproject.com Or to www.twitter.com/GreenRupertRead Thanks!
Comments
I find that Jim Killock's involvement in the Making Leadership Work group makes me doubt his understanding of democracy - it should be participatory, not led by a ruling clique. I won't be voting for him for Party Chair.
'Only well-funded operations' - ...frankly, if you can't raise a thousand pounds or two to fund a Leadership election, then you aren't a serious candidate. [And I hear in any case that a thousand pounds is considered cheap at the price by those within the Party so concerned about data protection laws that they are quite prepared to think of taking the Party to court over it... :-) ]