http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/19/ethicalliving.automotive
This is a nice bit of joined-up thinking, a devastating rebuttal to anyone
who believes that we can keep motoring more and more and not harm ourselves
in the process.
Comments
In the past quarter of an hour I have seen around half a dozen cars come up Livingstone Street and down Speke Street to obviously rat-run down Hotblack Road to go onto Waterworks Road.
Earlier today, when walking to the city,the traffic actually appeared worse! I am glad I am not one of those older people who live in the expensive flats at the top of Grapes Hill! Livingstone Street is quiet in comparison!
I wish I could remember what this book was called or even what it was about but it was a small book about how cities are made up - or something. It couldn't have been that long - I don't remember taking it out of the Library so must have read it whilst there!