It has been drawn to my attention by Sunny Hundal that Obama did in fact provide a kind of 'correction' to [the interpretation of] his remarks on East Jerusalem that were widely reported and that I criticised in a blogpost last week (see below).
[Goto http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/05/obama_backtracks_on_jerusalem.html to see the 'correction'.]
This seems to be an improvement. I remain very concerned by Obama's Mid-East policies, by the question of whether his stance on Israel (and on Afghanistan) is any improvement at all on the militarist garbage of McCain; and I remain concerned by his caving on on oil drilling, on gun control, etc. .
I am also concerned however by Cynthia McKinney's unwise highlighting of '9-11' conspiracy theories as a part of her Green Party Presidential platform. I am still very much inclined to back her, but am not as 100% as I was.
...Perhaps it is as just as well that what I think is not likely to have a huge effect on the outcome of this particular political race...
;-)
[Goto http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/05/obama_backtracks_on_jerusalem.html to see the 'correction'.]
This seems to be an improvement. I remain very concerned by Obama's Mid-East policies, by the question of whether his stance on Israel (and on Afghanistan) is any improvement at all on the militarist garbage of McCain; and I remain concerned by his caving on on oil drilling, on gun control, etc. .
I am also concerned however by Cynthia McKinney's unwise highlighting of '9-11' conspiracy theories as a part of her Green Party Presidential platform. I am still very much inclined to back her, but am not as 100% as I was.
...Perhaps it is as just as well that what I think is not likely to have a huge effect on the outcome of this particular political race...
;-)
Comments