I am delighted to introduce my new book, Wittgenstein among the Sciences. "Engaging with the question of the extent to which the so-called human, economic or social sciences are actually sciences, this book moves away from the search for a criterion or definition that will allow us to sharply distinguish the scientific from the non-scientific. Instead, the book favours the pursuit of clarity with regard to the various enterprises undertaken by human beings, with a view to dissolving the felt need for such a demarcation. In other words, Read pursues a 'therapeutic' approach to the issue of the status and nature of these subjects."
Thursday, 12 April 2012
- Guardians event - hosted by GUARDIAN newspaper!
- Where Sustainability, Public Policy, and Higher Ed...
- Some top public-speaking moments by me, available ...
- Labour U-Turn on Incinerator
- Alternatives to Economic Growth - February 2012
- Philosopher Kings
- How to enliven Lords reform
- Ross Jackson and Rupert Read IN CONVERSATION - Inv...
- BBC Radio interview: post-growth economy
- Occupied Times Article - Guardians of the Future