Saturday, 5 February 2011

On my way to demo for #Cairo...

I will be arriving soon at the U.S Embassy in London, to rally for #Egypt. Key point: I AM GOING BECAUSE I THINK THAT WE IN THIS COUNTRY NEED TO EXPRESS OUR SUPPORT FOR THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED. We are less likely than them to be beaten up, letalone killed, when we turn out to march. So we have a responsibility to lend a hand, and pressurise the Egyptian 'govt' as best we can from here. Also, my wife Juliette, who works for the ECONOMIST, has worked in Egypt and has many friends there, some of whom have been involved in the protests or in reporting them. I have met some of these people, and I know that they want us to lend a hand, if we can...
  
For all things Rupert, goto
www.rupertread.net

This msg has been sent from my mobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: On my way to demo for #Cairo... 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. On my way to demo for #Cairo... 27. 28.

29.

I will be arriving soon at the U.S Embassy in London, to rally for #Egypt. Key point: I AM GOING BECAUSE I THINK THAT WE IN THIS COUNTRY NEED TO EXPRESS OUR SUPPORT FOR THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED. We are less likely than them to be beaten up, letalone killed, when we turn out to march. So we have a responsibility to lend a hand, and pressurise the Egyptian 'govt' as best we can from here. Also, my wife Juliette, who works for the ECONOMIST, has worked in Egypt and has many friends there, some of whom have been involved in the protests or in reporting them. I have met some of these people, and I know that they want us to lend a hand, if we can...
  
For all things Rupert, goto
www.rupertread.net

This msg has been sent from my mobile.

30. 31. 32.