We are eating into our 'natural capital' - report
ecosystem. This is where the GP's position is distinctive: Our Party
believes in one planet living! Other Parties presumably think that in a
moment or two we'll be off mining in space etc - pure fantasy...
WWF has launched the 2010 edition of the Living Planet Report
The report is published every 2 years and is considered to be the
leading, science-based analysis about the impact of human activity on
health of our planet. This is a big deal for us and we wanted to share
with you, our supporter, straight away.
It's key finding: humanity's demands exceed our planet's capacity to
sustain us. That is, we ask for more than what we have.
Why does this happen?
How can we change this and guarantee a healthy future for human kind?
You'll find some answers below:
== Learn ==
- How does the loss of species diversity affect you and me?
- Learn more about how key species populations have faired since 1970.
- Why do temperate species do better than tropical species?
- Who comes of worse? Terrestrial or Freshwater animals?
- Which countries makes the most demands on our planet, and which the
- How is this related to what we earn?
- And how "developed" we are?
== Explore ==
-- Find your country and see how it compares to other countries.
-- See what makes up the biggest components of our footprints.
-- Watch how the index for species populations move and change over
Download the Living Planet Report here
Green Party Councillor, Norwich.
[If you have an urgent email for me while I am away from a regular computer, you may wish to try contacting me instead on rupertread+mob AT gmail.com]
WHY NOT FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER?: twitter.com/GreenRupertRead