Friday, 31 July 2009

An invitation to debate: Open letter to Kamm and Finkelstein

[I have just sent this message to Oliver Kamm and Danny Finkelstein, two of those whose writings in the Norwich North byelection campaign in effect required me to pen the posting below entitled: 'Me: a clarification'. Unlike some of the other attacks on me during the campaign, Kamm and Finkelstein had the decency to make theirs on the record, and without selectively quoting bits of sentences I wrote. Nevertheless, I believe them to have seriously distorted my views, and I would welcome the chance to debate with either of them publicly over these matters. I hope that they will have the courage to take up my invitation!]
 
'Hello. I'm writing today because I've noted your criticisms of me in your blog-columns, during the past month of the Norwich North byelection campaign; now that I finally have some time to draw breath and potentially respond, it occurs to me that the most interesting and satisfactory way in which we could engage over these matters would be a debate, in person, in public. So: would you care to debate with me over the issues you have raised, presumably concentrating on questions around Iraq, Israel, terrorism etc, at some public venue e.g. in Norwich or in London, sometime in early Autumn?
I look forward to your reply.
 Rupert Read.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: An invitation to debate: Open letter to Kamm and Finkelstein 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. An invitation to debate: Open letter to Kamm and Finkelstein 27. 28.

29.
[I have just sent this message to Oliver Kamm and Danny Finkelstein, two of those whose writings in the Norwich North byelection campaign in effect required me to pen the posting below entitled: 'Me: a clarification'. Unlike some of the other attacks on me during the campaign, Kamm and Finkelstein had the decency to make theirs on the record, and without selectively quoting bits of sentences I wrote. Nevertheless, I believe them to have seriously distorted my views, and I would welcome the chance to debate with either of them publicly over these matters. I hope that they will have the courage to take up my invitation!]
 
'Hello. I'm writing today because I've noted your criticisms of me in your blog-columns, during the past month of the Norwich North byelection campaign; now that I finally have some time to draw breath and potentially respond, it occurs to me that the most interesting and satisfactory way in which we could engage over these matters would be a debate, in person, in public. So: would you care to debate with me over the issues you have raised, presumably concentrating on questions around Iraq, Israel, terrorism etc, at some public venue e.g. in Norwich or in London, sometime in early Autumn?
I look forward to your reply.
 Rupert Read.'
30. 31. 32.