Friday, 6 February 2009

My latest touring...

I'm off to Ipswich and Suffolk Coastal this afternoon, weather permitting!
 
My key stop will be in Woodbridge on the Suffolk coast, to find out the issues and concerns that really matter to the local people there.
 
Last month, I participated in a 10 day tour of the Eastern Region where he listened to the views and experiences of constituents.  This Friday afternoon, I will continue this exercise at The Seal Public House in Woodbridge, and then elsewhere in Suffolk Coastal area.
 
I believe it is important that politicians listen to people, and so that is what I am doing.  We are living in testing times, both economically and environmentally, and finding out how the public feels, what they believe and what concerns them will enable me to help them more effectively if I'm elected as their MEP in June this year.
 
Then after that I am going onto Witham in Essex to join Greens there for a pub quiz this evening.
 
Tomorrow morning, I will be visiting Farmers Markets around Norfolk, including the Stalham and Aylsham markets.
 
I passionately believe in supporting our local economy, and this couldn't be more important than it is today, as the region faces up to a gathering economic crisis.  I hope to learn how our farmers are coping and to find out how I, as an MEP, could best support them.  I recently raised a formal objection to Tesco's planning application to double the size of their store in Stalham which would have an adverse impact on the local farming community, and I need to hear from them first-hand what other issues are key to them today.

 

I.e. I will attend Stalham Farmers Market (along with other Greens) from 9.30 am this Saturday, followed by Aylsham Farmers Market from around 11 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: My latest touring... 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. My latest touring... 27. 28.

29.
I'm off to Ipswich and Suffolk Coastal this afternoon, weather permitting!
 
My key stop will be in Woodbridge on the Suffolk coast, to find out the issues and concerns that really matter to the local people there.
 
Last month, I participated in a 10 day tour of the Eastern Region where he listened to the views and experiences of constituents.  This Friday afternoon, I will continue this exercise at The Seal Public House in Woodbridge, and then elsewhere in Suffolk Coastal area.
 
I believe it is important that politicians listen to people, and so that is what I am doing.  We are living in testing times, both economically and environmentally, and finding out how the public feels, what they believe and what concerns them will enable me to help them more effectively if I'm elected as their MEP in June this year.
 
Then after that I am going onto Witham in Essex to join Greens there for a pub quiz this evening.
 
Tomorrow morning, I will be visiting Farmers Markets around Norfolk, including the Stalham and Aylsham markets.
 
I passionately believe in supporting our local economy, and this couldn't be more important than it is today, as the region faces up to a gathering economic crisis.  I hope to learn how our farmers are coping and to find out how I, as an MEP, could best support them.  I recently raised a formal objection to Tesco's planning application to double the size of their store in Stalham which would have an adverse impact on the local farming community, and I need to hear from them first-hand what other issues are key to them today.

 

I.e. I will attend Stalham Farmers Market (along with other Greens) from 9.30 am this Saturday, followed by Aylsham Farmers Market from around 11 am.

30. 31. 32.