Thursday, 8 January 2009

Councillor Rupert Read's First Campaign Video On YouTube As His On-Line Presence Grows


I've made my first campaign video for my bid to become an MEP for the Eastern Region in the 4 June 2009 Euro-elections:
 
 
In this video, I argue that it's not enough for us to adopt low carbon lifestyles individually, but that we must do it collectively.  
 
The higlight is perhaps my being seen inside a wind turbine building at the Eco-Tech centre in Swaffham, Norfolk, the only wind turbine mast in the world where the general public can walk up it.  With propellers whizzing in the background, I make the case for an environmentally-sound economy.  I define the dual role green energy could play, for the environment, and for the good green jobs this will bring to the region at this time of economic downturn.  I conclude by pledging that a vote for me is a vote for green jobs now, in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable local agriculture and public transport.
 
This video comes only days after my YouTube video of my posting my shoes to George Bush and Gordon Brown in protest of their illegal invasion of Iraq.  
 
Both videos are part of a growing number of on-line methods I'm adopting to reach new supporters in my European election campaign (e.g. I now also regularly posting monthly audio podcasts on this blog.). . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Councillor Rupert Read's First Campaign Video On YouTube As His On-Line Presence Grows 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Councillor Rupert Read's First Campaign Video On YouTube As His On-Line Presence Grows 27. 28.

29.

I've made my first campaign video for my bid to become an MEP for the Eastern Region in the 4 June 2009 Euro-elections:
 
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG4eXHthao&fmt=18 
 
>>Have a look!<<
 
In this video, I argue that it's not enough for us to adopt low carbon lifestyles individually, but that we must do it collectively.  
 
The higlight is perhaps my being seen inside a wind turbine building at the Eco-Tech centre in Swaffham, Norfolk, the only wind turbine mast in the world where the general public can walk up it.  With propellers whizzing in the background, I make the case for an environmentally-sound economy.  I define the dual role green energy could play, for the environment, and for the good green jobs this will bring to the region at this time of economic downturn.  I conclude by pledging that a vote for me is a vote for green jobs now, in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable local agriculture and public transport.
 
This video comes only days after my YouTube video of my posting my shoes to George Bush and Gordon Brown in protest of their illegal invasion of Iraq.  
 
Both videos are part of a growing number of on-line methods I'm adopting to reach new supporters in my European election campaign (e.g. I now also regularly posting monthly audio podcasts on this blog.). . .
30. 31. 32.