Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Victory in Spa Common struggle!

I have just heard the news that the Spa Common planning application that I have blogged about previously has been defeated.
I have been helping out residents with their campaign against this planning application in the North Walsham area -- see http://rupertsread.blogspot.com/2008/08/councillor-read-vows-to-fight-for.html . My assistance has focussed on the transport aspect, which is my expertise -- and which, I am pleased to say, proved the undoing of this application for all those lorries to go down those country lanes.. I spoke about all this at the massive public meeting in North Walsham last month.
Norfolk Highways have made absolutely the right decision in turning down this application from HFS, which would have devastated the lives of those living in Spa Common in particular and much of North Walsham in general. The quality of life of local people has trumped the crude profit motive that lay behind this plan to move so many lorries in and out of this utterly-unsuitable site. This is a good day for local government in Norfolk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Victory in Spa Common struggle! 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Victory in Spa Common struggle! 27. 28.

29.
I have just heard the news that the Spa Common planning application that I have blogged about previously has been defeated.
I have been helping out residents with their campaign against this planning application in the North Walsham area -- see http://rupertsread.blogspot.com/2008/08/councillor-read-vows-to-fight-for.html . My assistance has focussed on the transport aspect, which is my expertise -- and which, I am pleased to say, proved the undoing of this application for all those lorries to go down those country lanes.. I spoke about all this at the massive public meeting in North Walsham last month.
Norfolk Highways have made absolutely the right decision in turning down this application from HFS, which would have devastated the lives of those living in Spa Common in particular and much of North Walsham in general. The quality of life of local people has trumped the crude profit motive that lay behind this plan to move so many lorries in and out of this utterly-unsuitable site. This is a good day for local government in Norfolk!
30. 31. 32.