Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Travels in Eastern Region - Witham visit

 
My campaigning to win a seat in the European Parliament next June takes me far and wide across this wonderful East Anglia of our's...
Along with Marcus Hemsley of Norwich and local C'llr. James Abbott I did a spot of canvassing yesterday in Witham in Essex, in a ward where there are a couple of byelections on Oct. 2. It was an exciting experience -- we met no-one intending to vote Labour or LibDem, but quite a number of people who were already intending to or soon persuaded to vote for us -- including some previous Tory voters! We met only a couple of diehard Tories.
I also met the candidates and local activists, and the whole experience was very positive (and James Abbott's Mum made me a lovely cup of rooibos tea afterward!)...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Travels in Eastern Region - Witham visit 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Travels in Eastern Region - Witham visit 27. 28.

29.
 
My campaigning to win a seat in the European Parliament next June takes me far and wide across this wonderful East Anglia of our's...
Along with Marcus Hemsley of Norwich and local C'llr. James Abbott I did a spot of canvassing yesterday in Witham in Essex, in a ward where there are a couple of byelections on Oct. 2. It was an exciting experience -- we met no-one intending to vote Labour or LibDem, but quite a number of people who were already intending to or soon persuaded to vote for us -- including some previous Tory voters! We met only a couple of diehard Tories.
I also met the candidates and local activists, and the whole experience was very positive (and James Abbott's Mum made me a lovely cup of rooibos tea afterward!)...
 
30. 31. 32.