Thursday, 18 September 2008

Peace one day

21 September 2008 is Peace One Day, and Norwich councillor and as lead Green Party candidate for MEP for the Eastern Region in the June 2009 Euro-Elections, I have been asked to speak at the big 'Peace one day' event in Norwich. I will be speaking about my long experience in the peace movement, including in peaceful direct action at nuclear weapons installations and at Westminster.
 
I am very pleased to have been invited to speak at this event because I am passionate about addressing the root causes of all conflicts around the world. I'm a Quaker, and a determined advocate for non-violence and peace all over the globe. I sincerely hope that some day, peace will break out around the world, and not for just one day, but a lasting peace...
 
Instead of fighting each other in wars over land disputes and oil dependency, we could unite and fight against the one phenomenon which will potentially wipe us all out by the end of this century.  We could line up together and fight for our lives, and for those of our children, in a war that will bring us together like never before.  Global over-heating caused by man-made climate change will defeat humankind unless we all make a concerted effort to beat it.
 
[The main event will start at 6 pm in the Assembly Rooms, Norwich.  Tickets are free and can be booked by telephoning 01603 424121.]
 
[I will also be taking part in the Quaker 'Peace One Day' events earlier that afternoon, at the Forum and around the city of Norwich.]
 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I am looking forward to this Peace one day.

I will be at our local church in the morning then, after lunch, come up to the Forum and I will be at the event for the rest of the day - I have even phoned for a ticket for the evening event!

I have, for many years, viewed war as a diplomatic failure - like children squabbling.

18 September 2008 at 19:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Peace one day 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Peace one day 27. 28.

29.
21 September 2008 is Peace One Day, and Norwich councillor and as lead Green Party candidate for MEP for the Eastern Region in the June 2009 Euro-Elections, I have been asked to speak at the big 'Peace one day' event in Norwich. I will be speaking about my long experience in the peace movement, including in peaceful direct action at nuclear weapons installations and at Westminster.
 
I am very pleased to have been invited to speak at this event because I am passionate about addressing the root causes of all conflicts around the world. I'm a Quaker, and a determined advocate for non-violence and peace all over the globe. I sincerely hope that some day, peace will break out around the world, and not for just one day, but a lasting peace...
 
Instead of fighting each other in wars over land disputes and oil dependency, we could unite and fight against the one phenomenon which will potentially wipe us all out by the end of this century.  We could line up together and fight for our lives, and for those of our children, in a war that will bring us together like never before.  Global over-heating caused by man-made climate change will defeat humankind unless we all make a concerted effort to beat it.
 
[The main event will start at 6 pm in the Assembly Rooms, Norwich.  Tickets are free and can be booked by telephoning 01603 424121.]
 
[I will also be taking part in the Quaker 'Peace One Day' events earlier that afternoon, at the Forum and around the city of Norwich.]
 
 
30. 31. 32.