Monday, 8 September 2008

Obama vs. McKinney latest

It has been drawn to my attention by Sunny Hundal that Obama did in fact provide a kind of 'correction' to [the interpretation of] his remarks on East Jerusalem that were widely reported and that I criticised in a blogpost last week (see below).
[Goto http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/05/obama_backtracks_on_jerusalem.html to see the 'correction'.]
This seems to be an improvement. I remain very concerned by Obama's Mid-East policies, by the question of whether his stance on Israel (and on Afghanistan) is any improvement at all on the militarist garbage of McCain; and I remain concerned by his caving on on oil drilling, on gun control, etc. .
I am also concerned however by Cynthia McKinney's unwise highlighting of '9-11' conspiracy theories as a part of her Green Party Presidential platform. I am still very much inclined to back her, but am not as 100% as I was.
...Perhaps it is as just as well that what I think is not likely to have a huge effect on the outcome of this particular political race...
;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Obama vs. McKinney latest 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Obama vs. McKinney latest 27. 28.

29.
It has been drawn to my attention by Sunny Hundal that Obama did in fact provide a kind of 'correction' to [the interpretation of] his remarks on East Jerusalem that were widely reported and that I criticised in a blogpost last week (see below).
[Goto http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/05/obama_backtracks_on_jerusalem.html to see the 'correction'.]
This seems to be an improvement. I remain very concerned by Obama's Mid-East policies, by the question of whether his stance on Israel (and on Afghanistan) is any improvement at all on the militarist garbage of McCain; and I remain concerned by his caving on on oil drilling, on gun control, etc. .
I am also concerned however by Cynthia McKinney's unwise highlighting of '9-11' conspiracy theories as a part of her Green Party Presidential platform. I am still very much inclined to back her, but am not as 100% as I was.
...Perhaps it is as just as well that what I think is not likely to have a huge effect on the outcome of this particular political race...
;-)
30. 31. 32.