Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Shan Oakes - The real civil liberties candidate

I am delighted to see that there is one serious Party that is going to contest David Davis at this unusual byelection that he has brought about: my own Party, the Green Party. Shan Oakes gave the following statement:


"I've been selected as the official Green Party candidate

After a democratic debate inside the Green Party about whether we should stand in this by-election, I'm thrilled to announce that today the national party gave the go-ahead to us standing in Haltemprice and Howden, after I was selected last night by the local party to contest the seat against the Conservatives' David Davis on July 10th.

That's 16 days time!Our constituency-wide leaflet is due to go to the printers tomorrow, and we're starting campaigning in earnest.

Any offers of campaigning help can be directed to Martin Dean at sokuto12 'at' sokuto12.karoo.co.uk

I'm looking forward to highlighting the Tories' hypocrisy on civil liberties. "

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek Wall said...

Well Rupert you worked very hard to make this happen, thank you, I don't always agree with you but very nice to work with you on this.

We have just put out a press release giving official Green Party support to Shan Oakes standing in the H and H by-elections,
my blog entry tells you how you can donate money to the campaign and get involved.

http://another-green-world.blogspot.com/2008/06/greens-will-stand-for-civil-liberties.html

http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/3473

25 June 2008 at 18:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Shan Oakes - The real civil liberties candidate 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Shan Oakes - The real civil liberties candidate 27. 28.

29.
I am delighted to see that there is one serious Party that is going to contest David Davis at this unusual byelection that he has brought about: my own Party, the Green Party. Shan Oakes gave the following statement:


"I've been selected as the official Green Party candidate

After a democratic debate inside the Green Party about whether we should stand in this by-election, I'm thrilled to announce that today the national party gave the go-ahead to us standing in Haltemprice and Howden, after I was selected last night by the local party to contest the seat against the Conservatives' David Davis on July 10th.

That's 16 days time!Our constituency-wide leaflet is due to go to the printers tomorrow, and we're starting campaigning in earnest.

Any offers of campaigning help can be directed to Martin Dean at sokuto12 'at' sokuto12.karoo.co.uk

I'm looking forward to highlighting the Tories' hypocrisy on civil liberties. "
30. 31. 32.