Thursday, 7 February 2008

All-day showing of 'Lord of the Rings' at UEA!

Exciting news, for those of you in the Norwich area with an interest in thinking about films that think!...
LT3 on UEA campus has been booked from 9am-9.30pm for a film screening of all three LOTR films on Saturday 8th March! Each film will be preceded by a short talk from me.
I am looking forward to this ‘ordeal’ (which is, admittedly, a less severe ordeal than that that faces Frodo…).
This is happening btw because I am teaching these films on my 'Film as philosophy' unit.
p.s. If you want to get a sense of how I believe that ‘Lord of the Rings’ fits our theme(s) this semester, a good place to start is with the relevant chapter in my new book PHILOSOPHY FOR LIFE, available in Waterstones and in the University Library and on Amazon, etc. - see under 'Local links', at left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: All-day showing of 'Lord of the Rings' at UEA! 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. All-day showing of 'Lord of the Rings' at UEA! 27. 28.

29.
Exciting news, for those of you in the Norwich area with an interest in thinking about films that think!...
LT3 on UEA campus has been booked from 9am-9.30pm for a film screening of all three LOTR films on Saturday 8th March! Each film will be preceded by a short talk from me.
I am looking forward to this ‘ordeal’ (which is, admittedly, a less severe ordeal than that that faces Frodo…).
This is happening btw because I am teaching these films on my 'Film as philosophy' unit.
p.s. If you want to get a sense of how I believe that ‘Lord of the Rings’ fits our theme(s) this semester, a good place to start is with the relevant chapter in my new book PHILOSOPHY FOR LIFE, available in Waterstones and in the University Library and on Amazon, etc. - see under 'Local links', at left.
30. 31. 32.