Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Sustrans Connect 2 scheme wins!

My earlier post on this was obviously worthwhile...

Hundreds of thousands of people, including many from East Anglia and from Norwich in particular -- including me --, have voted £50m of lottery cash to walking and cycling schemes across the country ... including £1m to help build a path from Norwich railway station to Whitlingham Country Park. I was really pleased today when I heard the news that the Sustrans Connect 2 scheme, which I have been pushing hard across East Anglia and especially in Norwich, was the victor in the vote.

The public have certainly chosen well: this scheme is a brilliant way to get people fitter healthier and happier, and to cut carbon emissions. I am just delighted that everyone’s efforts to get this scheme voted through have been successful! This news makes it all the more vital that the rest of the money needed is now as firmly secured -- in order to build this path and bridge to Whitlingham. I look forward to the day when everyone can walk or cycle this route! I am also delighted that, as part of this successful Sustrans Connect 2 bid, money will go to similarly excellent projects in Cambridge, Huntingdonshire and Broxbourne, among other places in our Region

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1. 2. 3. Rupert's Read: Sustrans Connect 2 scheme wins! 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. Sustrans Connect 2 scheme wins! 27. 28.

29.

My earlier post on this was obviously worthwhile...

Hundreds of thousands of people, including many from East Anglia and from Norwich in particular -- including me --, have voted £50m of lottery cash to walking and cycling schemes across the country ... including £1m to help build a path from Norwich railway station to Whitlingham Country Park. I was really pleased today when I heard the news that the Sustrans Connect 2 scheme, which I have been pushing hard across East Anglia and especially in Norwich, was the victor in the vote.

The public have certainly chosen well: this scheme is a brilliant way to get people fitter healthier and happier, and to cut carbon emissions. I am just delighted that everyone’s efforts to get this scheme voted through have been successful! This news makes it all the more vital that the rest of the money needed is now as firmly secured -- in order to build this path and bridge to Whitlingham. I look forward to the day when everyone can walk or cycle this route! I am also delighted that, as part of this successful Sustrans Connect 2 bid, money will go to similarly excellent projects in Cambridge, Huntingdonshire and Broxbourne, among other places in our Region
30. 31. 32.